Monday, October 3, 2016

CHARLIE PUTH’S DON’T TALK TOUR

When one of my best friends Madelyn and I bought tickets to Charlie Puth’s concert, we entered into a contest to be able to hang out with Charlie, experience his sound check and more…AND WE WON. At first I thought that it must’ve been a scam because trust me…I’ve never won anything in my life.
The experience happened so fast, I left and almost didn’t process what had happened, but I knew it felt so good to be lost in the moment. There were about eight of us who got to experience this short time with him being all squished on a couch, silently freaking out together, as he sang us an acoustic version of one of the songs off his album “Nine Track Mind”. As he talked about how he had his first cup of gumbo that day, I realized not only how talented he was, but also how easy going he was to talk to. Hanging out with him and his band members (who are all extremely talented as well!), along with the friends we made (shout out to Lauren and Sydney in the selfie below!!), was so comfortable and so easy. It made me realize how much we idolize celebrities when he could’ve been the really cute kid sitting next to me in my geometry class freshmen year. BUT STILL-he was pretty freaking awesome, along with his hair.

The experience was so much fun as a whole, including the concert itself. The renditions of his own songs by adding jazz influences and his beat boxing in his performance made it a personal and unique experience, but most of all, it was just a lot of fun. Any night of music, dancing and singing all and every word with close friends, and with new ones, made the night unforgettable. So Charlie, this is me thanking you for an amazing night in New Orleans, along with inspiring me even more to create my own music. We hope to “See You Again”. (Sorry, I had to). ~~Jess~~

P.S. Go listen to “Nine Track Mind” if you haven’t already! It’s hands down one of my favorite records of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment